You can’t move forward in life without making a few choices. If you make the decision not to choose a path or an action you’ll get stuck, and nothing will happen to you, because you are not actively participating in your own life.
I boldly declared in this post my goals for 2014. Most of them big, some of them small, but for 2014 I am dedicating the bulk of my energy and efforts to my blog, my growing side business, and increasing my online presence as a freelance writer. I know that in order to really focus on this goal and give it everything I have, I’ll need to narrow my extracurricular and let a few things go. Even in the middle of rehearsing for a large show, I’ve been (slowly but surely) making some changes to the site. Below are some of the things I’ve done since January 1 that have really started my year off on the right foot. Did you notice?
- I’ve updated my LBMT Pinterest Board, and it is now littered with colorful, catchy goodness. New team member, Colleen, made the pins for me and I think they look just fantastic!
- I have revamped my email list strategy, and I will now only be sending out a weekly email newsletter rather than the daily blasts of my blog. In the newsletter I will still have the links to the posts for the week, but also other articles I found useful and my weekly financial tip. (Do me a favor and enter the giveaway below by signing up for the newsletter list!)
- Jesse at Splyced Ventures did some back end technical work on the site, so it now loads faster and looks symmetrical in all the right places. Thanks Jesse!
- A new Press page, which looks pretty fantastic, again thanks to Colleen.
- My content calendar is changing, and I will now be posting fresh content on Mondays and Thursdays. Three times a week has worked well, but I want to see how people respond if I do longer, more informative content. I will still be popping in with updates on my life and unveiling new resources for the site. This may be a disaster, but for now I need more time to focus on guest posting (which I’ve only done a handful of in the nearly two years I’ve been blogging) and work for my freelance clients.
- If you click on over to The Starter Home Diaries, you will see a coming soon page. This is because SHD is getting a massive make over. At first, I was not jazzed about this site and thought I had lost steam, but after some serious brainstorming I think I’ve figured out how to make managing a second site work for me.
Also, please take the time to enter the giveaway below. I am raffling $100 Amazon Gift Card (Grand Prize) and a free subscription to You Need a Budget Software (Runner Up Prize- $60 Value!) that I won from Steve Stewart at Money Plan SOS wayyy back in October at FinCon. Sorry it took me so long to giveaway Steve, but you are still the man!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What are your goals for 2014? How have you started implementing them in January?
Sign Up for the Email Newsletter and Receive the "How to Grow Your Money Tree" tool kit...FREE!