I boldly declared in this post my goals for 2014. Most of them big, some of them small, but for 2014 I am dedicating the bulk of my energy and efforts to my blog, my growing side business, and increasing my online presence as a freelance writer. I know that in order to really focus on this goal and give it everything I have, I’ll need to narrow my extracurricular and let a few things go. Even in the middle of rehearsing for a large show, I’ve been (slowly but surely) making some changes to the site. Below are some of the things I’ve done since January 1 that have really started my year off on the right foot. Did you notice?
- I’ve updated my LBMT Pinterest Board, and it is now littered with colorful, catchy goodness. New team member, Colleen, made the pins for me and I think they look just fantastic!
- I have revamped my email list strategy, and I will now only be sending out a weekly email newsletter rather than the daily blasts of my blog. In the newsletter I will still have the links to the posts for the week, but also other articles I found useful and my weekly financial tip. (Do me a favor and enter the giveaway below by signing up for the newsletter list!)
- Jesse at Splyced Ventures did some back end technical work on the site, so it now loads faster and looks symmetrical in all the right places. Thanks Jesse!
- A new Press page, which looks pretty fantastic, again thanks to Colleen.
- My content calendar is changing, and I will now be posting fresh content on Mondays and Thursdays. Three times a week has worked well, but I want to see how people respond if I do longer, more informative content. I will still be popping in with updates on my life and unveiling new resources for the site. This may be a disaster, but for now I need more time to focus on guest posting (which I’ve only done a handful of in the nearly two years I’ve been blogging) and work for my freelance clients.
- If you click on over to The Starter Home Diaries, you will see a coming soon page. This is because SHD is getting a massive make over. At first, I was not jazzed about this site and thought I had lost steam, but after some serious brainstorming I think I’ve figured out how to make managing a second site work for me.
Also, please take the time to enter the giveaway below. I am raffling $100 Amazon Gift Card (Grand Prize) and a free subscription to You Need a Budget Software (Runner Up Prize- $60 Value!) that I won from Steve Stewart at Money Plan SOS wayyy back in October at FinCon. Sorry it took me so long to giveaway Steve, but you are still the man!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What are your goals for 2014? How have you started implementing them in January?